본문 바로가기
사이트 내 전체검색
  News
Current position : Home > NEWS > News

Athlete of the Week: Ryan TYACK (AUS)

Page info

Name 최고관리자 Date15-12-14 16:27 Hit4,236 Comment0

Contents

Ryan TYACK confirmed his status as the rising star of Australian archery when he set a new national record in late 2011 and led his team to Olympic qualification at the Oceania qualifying event in New Zealand in January.

Ryan TYACK is famous for his achievements at the international junior level. He was the Cadet World Champion in 2006, the Junior World Team Champion in 2008 and the Junior World Team Silver Medallist in 2011. 

The 20-year-old started to shine at the senior level with solid performances in recent tournaments. At the end of 2011, TYACK established a new Australian record, and on 2 January, he secured an individual Olympic berth for the Australian men’s team after he won the Oceania Qualification Tournament in New Zealand.

However TYACK is not guaranteed the Olympic spot that he won for his country: the archers chosen to fill the spots won’t be decided until the final World Cup stage of the year in Ogden in June. In Utah, Australia will have a final shot at claiming berths for the Olympic event.

TYACK, who trains under his mother Lynnette RANKIN-TYACK told the media that his performance in New Zealand – where he outscored his more experienced compatriots, three-time Olympian Matthew GRAY and Taylor WORTH – has given him confidence in his pursuit for an Olympic berth. 

“It doesn't affect my selection at all, but it is really good to know I'm still sitting in a good spot against the other guys,” he told The Courier Mail. “And having the one spot guaranteed means I really have something to work towards in my training.”

Ryan TYACK is in a good position to represent Australia in London 2012. He set a national record of 685 in December 2011, smashing the old mark of 678 set by Sky KIM several years earlier. TYACK is actually closer to the world record (693) than the next best Australian archer is to him.   

Comment list

No comment

KimHyung-Tak Archives Center | Delegator : KimHyung-Tak | corporate registration NO : 301-80-06613 | Tel : +82-43-834-7171 | Fax : +82-43-834-7171
Address : 209 Dongjincheon gil Goesanub Geosangun Chungbuk Korea | E-mail : archeryschool@gmail.com
Introduce personal information Service provision Copyright © KimHyung-Tak Archives Center. All rights reserved.  [ ADMIN]